Marketers appreciated the possibilities of push notifications and began to use them widely for promotion purposes. But, it is very important not to cross the boundary between the desire to help the consumer and obsession because the goal of pushes is to create a cooperative relationship.
Using push notifications in marketing
Marketers appreciated the possibilities of push notifications and began to use them widely for promotion purposes. However, it is very important not to cross the barely visible boundary between the desire to help the consumer and obsession. The goal of notifications is to create a long-term cooperative relationship between the seller and the consumer. That is why they must meet the requirements of relevance.
For example, the sale of space for push notifications by a developer of training applications for children to a firm that specializes in the wholesale trade of coffee will result in the messages not finding the right response and being regarded as spam by the recipients. This can provoke a massive unsubscription from such an application. There is an option for marketers to use the GPS technology to send push notifications to the phone to consumers who are currently in the immediate vicinity of shops or cafes. This way of establishing cooperation seems more logical since users receive information at the right time and in the right place.
Another pertinent use of push notifications is a message to the user about the actions performed by his friends on social networks. For example, informing about new comments on Facebook using push notifications in the browser.
When planning to use mobile or browser push notifications as part of the marketing strategy, first check your actions with their compliance with the following points:
- The content of notifications should be calculated for the target group of recipients and meet the requirements of relevance.
- The ability to discuss content messages with friends on social networks increases their effectiveness.
- The newsletter should provide for the possibility of canceling it at any time.
- Observe moderation when sending push notifications. If there are more than 5–6 messages a day, there is a high probability of losing subscribers.
Positive results come with experience. It’s okay if your first attempt to send push notifications does not bring the expected profit. After analyzing the errors, you can improve the effectiveness of their actions in this direction. Also, you can always choose the push ads network to send out notifications.
Features of service:
- Presence of templates for push notifications.
- There are unique formats that allow you to include buttons and emoji in the contents of notifications.
- Works in various browsers.
- The number of mailings and subscribers is unlimited.